ABB Drive for solar pumps
Half of the energy produced around the world is used to operate pumps. Compared to diesel generator pumps, the ABB solar pump drive is environmentally friendly, with a long lifetime and low maintenance costs. It is independent from the grid and produces no pollution or noise. Typical applications are irrigation, community water supply, fish farming and agriculture.
The drive has many solar-specific and pump control functions, such as built-in maximum power point tracking and dry run detection, as well as sensorless flow calculation.
The maximum power point tracking (MPPT) ensures you to get the best output power possible from your solar panel and it maximizes the performance of your pump along the day while the automatic start and stop with solar radiation can save money and fuel during daylight hours.
- 5.5 to 45 kW/7.5 to 60 hp
- Operates without grid directly from photovoltaic (PV) cells
- Automatic start and stop with solar radiation
- Built-in maximum power point tracking (MPPT)
- Easy installation and set-up for serial production
- Compatible with all pump types
- Good ROI (Return on Investment) against diesel powered pumping
- Compact and uniform drive module design (IP20)
- Dual supply capability with changeover switch - solar and grid compatible
- Sensorless vector control of induction motors and permanent magnet motors
- Safe Torque-off STO SIL3/PL e for emergency stop cat. 0
- Fieldbus communication modules available